The TRCC/MWAR accepts student placements. Student placements also described as field practicums, take place in a relationship between a school (high school, college or university) and the TRCC/MWAR organization. We support students to learn hands on what it means to work with survivors of sexual violence in an organization, on the front line as well as through administrative, fundraising and event planning work.
A student placement usually includes ‘requirements’ from the academic institution (to be fulfilled by the student at the placement), a mid term and final evaluation. It may also include a visit from a supervisor from your school to the TRCC/MWAR during the placement, including a set number of hours to be completed at the placement organization. Student placements earn a college credit or coop credit upon successful completion of the placement.
Student placements do not do interviews at the TRCC/MWAR. Instead we invite interested students to come to one of our Orientation Sessions during the year.
Info on current placement opportunities:
- We are NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for Fall 2017 and Winter 2018.
- We are NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATION for students for Summer 2017. Summer placements have been filled.
- COMPLETE the Student-Placement-Application-Form-Fillable TO RSVP for the next Orientation)
- THE NEXT STUDENT PLACEMENT ORIENTATION IS ON: WEDNESDAY MARCH 14TH 2018 & WEDNESDAY JUNE 6TH 2018 – For SUMMER 2018 AND Fall 2018/WINTER 2019 placements
- Please see below for our Student Placement Job Description and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please contact deb at 416-597-1171 extension 230 or for information on the location of the orientation.
At the orientation, you will get more information about what the TRCC/MWAR offer student placements.
If you are interested in completing your field placement with us, download, fill out and submit the Student Placement Application Form below and email to to let her know of your interest.
Download the Student Placement Application Form.