Call 416-597-8808 for support.
The Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape provides a free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week crisis line service. The Crisis Line is a private and confidential crisis intervention / support service.
The Crisis Line will assist:
- ANYONE who has been raped, sexually assaulted or abused**
- ANYONE who has had unwanted sexual touching
- Incest survivors
- Survivors of childhood and adult sexual assault
- Family and/or friends
**Abuse includes physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, ritual, financial
Our services are free and confidential.
You don’t have to give your name, leave your number or fill out any forms.
We don’t call the police, hospitals or anyone else until you ask us to.
Our address is confidential. No one will know if you come to see us.
Our specially trained Crisis Line Counsellors can provide referrals to other services including:
- Legal services
- Medical services
- Immigration services
- Counseling services
- Support groups
- Information on programs and services provided at TRCC/MWAR
You can use the Crisis line to discuss:
- Your health
- Going to the hospital
- Going to the police
- Going to court
- Going to health clinics
- Going to immigration appointments
- Coping strategies
- Your fears
- Your options
- Alternatives to going to police
- Anything else that you are concerned about relating to your healing journey
Call 416-597-8808 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Ask to speak to a counsellor. She will listen to and talk to you.
- Please leave a message with your first name only and your telephone number. We will call you back and we will talk to you only.
- If you are calling from a phone booth or do not want us to call you back for safety reasons, you can ask to be connected directly to a Counsellor.
- Please note that until further notice we are suspending our direct patch-through option from 12:00AM – 8:00AM. If you require direct connection to a counsellor please call after 8:00AM and before 12:00AM.
(Call our business line at 416-597-1171 if you wish to make an appointment to come in and talk to a Counsellor).