If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, contact your local Rape Crisis / Sexual Assault Centre.
In Toronto you can visit the following hospitals to have a rape kit administered:
- Women’s College Hospital – Mobile Team
76 Grenville Street, Main Floor, Toronto
Located in the Accute Ambulatory Care Unit, Room 1256
WCH will see survivors 14 age and older
- Scarborough Grace Hospital
3030 Birchmount Road, Scarborough ON
This hospital will see survivors 12 years and over
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Emergency Room) – Mobile Team
2075 Bayview Avenue
Canada M4N 3M5
- Mt. Sinai Hospital ( Emergency Room) – Mobile Team
600 University Avenue
Toronto, ON M5G 1X5
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre (Emergency Room) – Mobile Team
30 The Queensway
- Trillium Health Centre in Mississauga
100 Queensway W (Queensway and Hurontario)
Women and men 12 years or older who have been sexually assaulted within the last 72 hours
Are you looking for a safe place to go?
There are many agencies and shelters within the Toronto area that are able to provide you with a safe and secure environment. Below is a list of shelters and their phone numbers.
Alternately you can dial 311 to be transferred to Central Intake or you can call them directly at 416-397-5637 or toll free within the GTA at 1-877-338-3398. Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Anduhyaun Emergency Women’s Shelter – 416-920-1492
- North York Women’s Shelter – 416-635-9630
- Ernestine’s Women Shelter – 416-746-3701
- Nellies – 416-461-8903
- Interval House – 416-924-1491
- Redwood Shelter – 416-533-8538