Thank you for your interest in completing your placement with us!
Please carefully read the job description below and fill out the application form. Your complete form acts as you RSVP for our upcoming Orientation sessions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
JOB: Student Placement
ORGANIZATION: Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape
TIMES OF PLACEMENT: September – April, September- January, January – April, May-July
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
**Please note these areas of responsibility are standard, and may not apply during the pandemic.
- Answer the phone and direct calls to appropriate extensions
- Return calls that are not specifically directed at individual staff
- Take messages from general mailbox
- Greet community persons waiting in front desk area
- Liaison with staff persons and community
- Give referrals when needed both on phone and to individual when requested
- Familiarize yourself with referral lists
- Support for clients calling in on crisis line
- Communicate feedback received by those using the crisis line or services
- Work independently and co-operatively with staff women
- Understand the philosophy of the centre and be able to relate it to the women using services
- Punctuality in returning and answering calls
- Be able to give positive approach to issues of concern
- Flexibility and initiative
- Recognize your own limits
MEETING WITH YOUR SUPERVISOR AND STUDENT PLACEMENT COORDINATOR
- Be able to attend and participate in weekly meetings
- Give feedback and suggestions for changes to services, etc.
- Awareness of physical structure and operating policies
- Able to report back to centre’s group, criticism and other feedback from community members
- Awareness of policies and procedures of the organization in order to fully participate in discussions
- Assist with minute taking, chairing and other necessary functions of meeting operations
- Follow-up and carry though with discussion and commitments
- Calling/soliciting potential donors
- Soliciting teams
- Prize organization/collecting
- Creating/maintaining tracking forms
- Checking e-mails
- Creating and distributing receipts to all donors post event
- Attending Bowlathon meetings and activities
CRISIS LINE TRAINING
- Attend all scheduled training days
- Participate in training through discussion, self reflection, etc.
- Attend 3 days of observations (observes) as prep to go on the crisis line
- Sign on for 2-3 crisis line shifts per month for one year
- Create a student project designed to help service users, student, staff, volunteers or everyone to help stop violence/support survivors in the centre
- Attend one protest or rally with students from the centre
- Attend minimum one centre event including; Take Back the Night, Bowlathon, crisis line training or centre run event
WORKSHOPS AND ACCOMPANIMENTS
- Attend minimum one workshop and one court support/accompaniment